This recipe is a shout out to Wellness Mama at www.WellnessMama.com
Word for word, this is her recipe using the following ingredients:
Deodorant Recipe 1 – Ingredients
- 3 T Coconut Oil
- 3 T Baking Soda
- 2 T Shea Butter
- 2 T Arrowroot (optional)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat until barely melted. UPDATE: Combine in a quart size glass mason jar with a lid instead and place this in a small saucepan of water until melted. This will save your bowl and you can just designate this jar for these type of projects and not even need to wash it out…
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and arrowroot (If you don’t have arrowroot, use more baking soda)
- Mix well
- Add essential oils and pour into a glass container for storage. It does not need to be stored in the fridge.
- If you prefer, you can let it cool completely and put into an old deodorant stick for easier use, though it may melt in the summer!